Terms and Conditions
General Course Details
- Class fees will be refunded, less 10%, if cancellation is notified more than 10 business days before the first class date.
- If less than 10 business days’ notice is given then a refund, less 10%, will only be given if the place can be taken by another student otherwise the full fee is forfeited.
- If a class is cancelled due to lack of enrolments, 100% of your class fee will be refunded.
- Please view your booking as a commitment to attend. Once a class has commenced or you have attended no refunds will be issued.
- Member discounts must be applied at time of booking classes online. We are unable to apply member discounts retrospectively.
Handbuilding incorporates the use of coiling,
modelling and slab-building techniques to manipulate clay into more free-form pieces.
Wheelwork involves learning throwing and associated skills on the potter’s wheel.
You will be taught how to
centre clay and pull up a basic cylinder. This form is the stepping stone to more complex shapes such as bowls, plates, etc., which are covered
in the latter part of the course.
classes you will learn to wax, decorate and glaze your pots and although the work is fired for you, a fundamental knowledge of the firing process will be gained.
Clay and firing costs are included in the introductory course fees and in children’s classes.
Clay Foundations and Continuing Clay clay and firing can be paid for in class or in our shop. This includes bisque (first) firing, glaze firing, and use of glazes. A range of clays is available for purchase with prices from approx. $20 per 10kg bag.
Tools are available for purchase.
CPS members receive discounts on classes, firing and clay purchases.
Canberra Potters does not offer make up classes.
Payment in full is required
as the time of booking to secure a place.
CPS member discounts apply to course fees.
All bookings are made by accessing our website
All prices are subject to change.
Classes are run subject to numbers.