This series of short courses will celebrate the endless possibilities of hand-building. Each course focuses on a specific project and/or skill. The short courses will run during term time, costs will vary depending on the course content and inclusions.
Suitable for beginners who have completed Introduction to Clay, intermediate students and advanced students.
10 February 2019
Course 2: Sunday
17 March 2019
Dates: Within School Term 1
Monday 4 February 2019 to Friday 12 April 2019.
COURSE 1: Large coil pots for the garden
- build with coils and slabs
- maintain the shape of your pot as it grows
- make a pot up to 600mm tall
- make your pot strong
- user a range of decorative techniques (including carving, stamping, highlight glazing and use of additions) suitable for a single firing.
COURSE 2: Playing with Pinched Pottery
- use a variety of clays, from porcelain to heavily grogged clays
- use a variety of pinching techniques
- experiment with additions to your work
- explore a variety of surface decoration techniques.