Canberra Potters Gallery
Apply for an Exhibition at Canberra Potters/Watson Arts Centre Gallery
Canberra Potters’ spacious (129m2) gallery presents exhibitions in various media, with a focus on ceramics. It aims for quality, diversity and professionalism in its presentations and welcomes proposals for solo and group exhibitions from emerging, mid-career and established artists. Exhibition proposals are considered on their merit and with regard to the availability of dates to present a diverse gallery program of the highest standard.
Applications for our 2022 exhibition program are closed. Look out for 2023 applications opening mid-2022.
Who can apply?
Any artist, maker, designer or curator is welcome to apply.
We encourage applications from:
- Emerging, mid-career and established artists
- All people working in the creative arts, however ceramics exhibitions and proposals are prioritised
- Organisations and arts associations
- Group or solo exhibitions.
What kind of exhibitions are we looking for?
Canberra Potters presents a diverse array of exhibitions throughout the year. Preference is given to ceramics-focused programs, proposals by members of Canberra Potters and promising emerging artists. Non-ceramic exhibition proposals are welcome but are excepted at the discretion of management.
Examples of the kinds of things we’re looking for (but not limited to):
- Original and engaging proposals
- Proposals with potential for additional engagement at Canberra Potters e.g. teaching a workshop, floor talks or additional interactive events
- Proposals from emerging ceramic artists
- Joint proposals or group exhibitions with a strong interconnecting theme
- Exceptional solo exhibitions
Proposals will also be assessed on the following criteria (not exhaustive):
- Quality of proposal and inclusion of high-quality images (clear, in-focus, indicative of what you plan to exhibit)
- Date availability
Canberra Potters receives more applications for exhibitions than we have space for in any given year. We are more than happy to provide feedback for unsuccessful applications at the end of the selection process.
Does my work have to be for sale?
We strongly encourage exhibitors to have the majority of their work for sale. Non-selling exhibitions can be negotiated with the Gallery Manager. All works sold attract a 30% commission.
Can I submit multiple applications?
There is no limit on the number of applications you can submit.
For additional enquiries, please email:
Katrina Leske, Gallery and Visitor Services Manager, [email protected]
2022 Exhibition Program
Gallery Application Form
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in mid-2022.